Warner Larson, Inc. is an award-winning landscape architectural firm integrating comprehensive site design, engineering and permitting services for academic institutions, athletic facilities, parks & playgrounds, commercial developments and residential projects throughout Greater Boston and New England. We are a financially stable company that delivers personal level of service on projects of any size by leveraging our strong relationships with architectural and engineering firms.
Our mission is to understand each client’s objectives through open communication about the project program, budget and schedule and deliver functional, innovative and sustainable solutions that exceed expectations.
We are committed to sustainable design as an overarching principle that guides all of our work…to create designs that are sustainable economically, environmentally and socially.
Warner Larson was established as Larson Associates by Gary Larson in 1978. For the first six years, the firm was located in the center of Lexington, Massachusetts. In 1985, Larson Associates became a Massachusetts corporation and relocated to Arlington where the firm operated for twenty-three years.
In 2003, the firm’s 25th anniversary, David Warner became a shareholder after having been with the company for six years. This marked the beginning of an ownership transition that built upon the firm’s legacy established during its first quarter century. In June of 2006, David became President of the corporation as majority shareholder and took on the organization’s leadership role.
On April 14, 2008, the firm publicly announced a name change to Warner Larson and opened its new headquarters in Boston.
In August 2014, Warner Larson opened a branch office in Richmond, Virginia to serve our core markets in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Academia: K-12 and higher education campus and site design
- Athletics: sports fields, stadiums, courts and outdoor fitness
- Parks: passive & active recreation, playgrounds and splash pads
- Commercial: retail, streetscopes, office parks and healthcare
- Residential: multi-unit developments and luxury single family
- Site Master Planning & Feasibility Studies
- Existing Conditions Documentation
- Site Analysis & Code Review
- Design & Engineering
- Presentation Graphics & 3D Visualization
- Budgeting & Cost Estimates
- Permitting & Regulatory Review including
Environmental, Zoning, Planning & Code Compliance
- Bidding & Construction Administration
- Operation & Maintenance Plans
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Boston Society of Landscape Architects
- American Sports Builders Association
- Arnold Arboretum
- The Boston Harbor Association
- Synthetic Turf Council
- Boston Preservation Alliance